Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Hypothetical Last Meal

Yes, yes. It's NaBloPoMo. Remind me why I'm doing this again? :P

I know, I'm procrastinating right now. After starting the morning working on the TarHelium, running off to work to get the last of the All Saints' Sunday letters out the door and helping with pre-conference preparations, running off to the NC-ACS monthly e-board meetings (and twisting the arm of a high school chemistry teacher friend to attend) and then having a lovely meal at the 501 Diner with a good friend, I'm now sitting here, thinking I need to get on with some very overdue music planning.

But first, a little bit of blogging. I know I don't do it enough. Frankly speaking, with the type of blogging I do (really, more like parking my music lists from either worship services or concerts), it tends to get rather time-consuming. And don't even talk to me about updating the look of my blog. Maybe one of these days. I've seen some blogs powered by Blogger that look absolutely fabulous.

Perhaps that will be a task for another day.

Oh yes. Since I have absolutely nothing to say, I'll try to answer the Writing Prompt of the Day.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011
If you knew that whatever you ate next would be your last meal, what would you want it to be?

It would have to be my absolute favourite comfort food. I know, I've said in the past that if I were to have a plate full of pancit palabok for the rest of my life, I could die happy.

But really? Nothing hits the spot like Filipino arroz caldong manok. That would be like congee or a kind of soupy rice porridge to you non-Filipinos. The arroz caldo would have to be flavoured with ginger, green onion, a bit of kalamansi for acidity, and a touch of patis to balance the saltiness. For me, that is heaven in a bowl.

Click here for a recipe. In general, whenever I make this, I prefer to use bone-in chicken, but I think the day I had written this recipe, boneless chicken breasts were on sale in the supermarket, so I went with that.

No comments: