Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Doing my civic duty...

Today, November 8, is Election Day. I can honestly say I did my civic duty, having voted right after I got off work earlier this afternoon. There weren't many people at the polls, and I couldn't help but notice that by the time I had voted at around 5.45 pm, that particular polling station was visited by only 221 voters. (I was #222.) It's rather disappointing especially since too many people take the right to vote for granted. Once upon a time, people fought for the right to vote.

I am not the most political person in the world, but at least I know and appreciate the fact that these elections allow for my voice to be heard.

1 comment:

JohnF said...

It's an off-year. My district didn't even have any issues, so there was nothing for me to vote for. Next year, being a Presidential election, I bet there will be a much larger turnout!