Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A very full day, indeed

It's been a very busy day today... but a very satisfying one.

The Durham-Chapel Hill AGO had a chapter event earlier tonight at First Presbyterian Church in downtown Durham. It was a choral reading session, led by the chapter dean, Daniel Steinert. The featured publisher was Hinshaw Music, based in Chapel Hill. It was a small group, but it was fun singing through the pieces. There are a few that I can imagine my choir singing, so I'd say it was a success for me, personally. I just wish we had more people turning up. Note to self: Tuesday evenings are not a good when trying to schedule an event for a group of organists. Too many people wrote back and said they had rehearsals or some other plans.

The evening's event was preceded by a soup and salad supper. I had hired one of First Presbyterian's members to make the soup and put the salad together. Margot, who runs a catering business, did a great job, and everyone really appreciated the soup.

We also held a used music sale, and those present really dug into the music. I was chuffed that I only had 1 1/2 boxes of music left (having started off with 3 full boxes and one box about 1/8 full). The proceeds of the sale went towards a newly-established scholarship fund.

All in all, it was a great evening. In order to help out the sexton, I washed all the dishes and put all the food away. I'm sure he'll be pleasantly surprised to see how clean I left the kitchen. Having a nice dishwasher really helped immensely.

Now I'm tired tired tired. Onward to the next adventure... after a good night's sleep.

No comments: