Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Potter Reflection

I was just thinking back to the days when I didn't know anything about the Harry Potter series. The only thing I knew of it was that it was causing children young and old to turn to reading, which was a good thing. I recently heard of a couple of people in the Harry Potter fandom who can honestly credit the Potter series with inspiring their Muses, and they are either currently, or soon-to-be-published authors of their own original fiction. I think it's a wonderful thing.

Once upon a time, when I was doing way more creative writing, I was influenced by Star Wars, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, and Battlestar Galactica. (Am I dating myself with these?) A lot of what I wrote reflected very strongly my interest in these sci-fi shows. My work was never published; I was 13 or 14 when I wrote most of my stories.

Now, whenever I feel the inclination, I write short stories. I do have an outline for an o-fic in mind, and I've posted some snippets of thoughts on this particular blog at least a couple of years ago. I haven't picked up that writing, but perhaps if the Muse is willing, I'll revisit it again.

Back to Potter: I would love to see it in 3D. Perhaps sometime within the next couple of weeks, I'll have a look.

I think I will have an early night tonight. I just remembered that I did not post my music lists from last week. I'll post them but probably will not back-date them... at least, not during these last few days of November.

Happy Advent, and Happy New Church Year!

ps: I've been checking the Curt Jester's page... apparently, the advent wreath graphic isn't up yet. If it comes up, I'll re-add the script for that in the top right-hand corner of this blog...

No comments: