Tuesday, November 16, 2010

14 November - Twenty-Fifth Sunday after Pentecost - Proper 28

Here are my music lists from last Sunday.

I cantored the 7.45 am Mass at Immaculate Conception Church. As usual, the numbers come out of GIA's Gather Comprehensive 1994 (green cover):

Sunday 7.45 am Mass: Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
Processional Hymn: 493, The works of the Lord are created in wisdom (KREMSER)
Gloria: 176, New Mass for Congregations (C.T. Andrews)
Psalm: Psalm 98 (Guimont)
Gospel Acclamation: 257, Alleluia 7 (Berthier) ("Stand erect and raise your heads because your redemption is at hand.")
Offertory Hymn: 767, O Holy City, seen of John (MORNING SONG)
Sanctus, Memorial Acclamation, Amen: 300, 301, 302; Land of Rest Mass (arr. Proulx)
Agnus Dei: 311 (in F; Proulx 1975)
Recessional: 764, Praise and Thanksgiving (BUNESSAN)

I must remind myself to have a good night's sleep before I cantor Masses. I know my lack of sleep affected my cantoring. Jane didn't seem to notice; she said she appreciated how I stayed on pitch throughout the Mass...



St. Joseph's Episcopal Church where I played the usual 10.30 am service. As usual, the numbers are out of The Hymnal 1982.

Twenty-Fifth Sunday after Pentecost: Holy Eucharist Rite II
Prelude: Improvisation on Munich
Processional Hymn: 632, O Christ, the Word Incarnate (MUNICH)
Gloria: S-277, New Plainsong (Hurd)
Canticle 9: 679, Surely it is God who saves me (THOMAS MERTON)
Sequence Hymn: 592, Teach me, my God and King (CARLISLE)
Offertory Hymn: 607, O God of every nation (LLANGLOFFAN)
Sanctus: S-125, Community Mass (Proulx)
Lord's Prayer: chanted (S-119 in Hymnal 1982)
Fraction Anthem: S-167, The disciples knew the Lord Jesus (M. Martens; Mode 6)
Communion Anthem: Dona Nobis Pacem (H. Hopson)
Recessional Hymn: 665, All my hope on God is founded (MICHAEL)
Postlude: Improvisation on Michael

Wow. I think I'm getting this improvisation thing. I actually played something that lasted around 5 minutes as a prelude, and for the postlude, I started off with the Rawsthorne reharmonisation, and then went on from there.

No comments: