Thursday, November 4, 2010

It looks like I'll just make it to have a post for today... ~glances at the clock~

First of all: Happy 5th Birthday to my niece, Ella! We'll be celebrating her birthday at Disney World the last week of December. Rumour also has it that we'll be spending a few days at Universal Studios... which means... yes! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! I'm hoping to do some sound-seeing tours whilst there. So watch out for them. :)

Speaking of Harry Potter... the first part of Deathly Hallows is going to be released in... 15 days!!! I am hoping to see it as close to opening day as possible. I'm sure my fellow Secrets of Harry Potter panel members are going to want to record a podcast with our reactions to this film.

Speaking of which... we do have plans to continue recording with notes for several shows already prepared. We're hoping to be able to schedule some time to record soon, so stay tuned.

I've been practicing more than usual lately... I'll be playing a wedding on Saturday, and then will start rehearsals with the NC Pinoy Choir on Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing that group again. We really became close whilst preparing for the San Lorenzo Ruiz Mass. Even though Simbang Gabi/Misa de Gallo generally goes for nine days (full Novena of Masses), since the Filipino community in central North Carolina is still relatively small, we're only going to do the one Mass. And this is a relief for me: only one Mass to prepare for. The hope, however, is to grow so that we could, eventually, support the full nine Masses. At least it's a tradition we've started, and I, being a Filipino born and raised outside of the Philippines, am quite happy to be able to experience this wonderful tradition.

And for those who are already complaining about Christmas infiltrating life, the universe, and everything in November: in the Philippines, they've been having a Christmas countdown since October, and it's normal over there. So let the countdown to Christmas begin! :)

~glances at clock~

Ah. Well, it's past midnight, but the time-stamp will still read November 4. Will this still count? (Yes, I'm trying to blog every day in November... my friends are doing NaNoWriMo... I'm just doing the variant, NaBloPoMo.)

No comments: