Friday, November 5, 2010

Good Things Friday

This is Day 5 of my endeavour to blog for every day in November. :)

I'm borrowing a page from my LJ friends and calling this post "Good Things Friday." In doing so, I will try to list some good things.

  • I am really liking the cooler weather. For a while, it seemed like summer would never end. Of course, we're expecting overnight lows to be freezing over the next couple of days. Talk about extremes!
  • I really like the colours of the leaves on the trees. Of course, the fall foliage here is not as vivid as that you'd see in New England, but still... it's a nice reminder that seasons are changing, and that winter is coming soon. Speaking of which...
  • Daylight Savings Time in the United States (and Canada?) ends this weekend. I will be curious to know if the infamous iPhone alarm bug, which had wreaked havoc in Europe last week, will hit North America as well. Father Roderick had discussed the alarm bug on his latest episode (#756) of The Break. I don't have an analog alarm clock, but I'll set two alarms for Sunday: one an hour earlier and one at the time I intended to wake up.
  • I have to leave shortly for a wedding rehearsal... in the meantime, I know this is a little late, but better late than never, right? After all, the Episcopal church where I play the organ will be celebrating All Saints' Sunday this coming Sunday, so.... I'd like to take this time to remember my relatives who have gone before me: Lolo Juan and Lola Ina, Lolo Cado, Tito El, Tito Romy, Tita Norma, Tito Paeng, Tito Chito, and Junior. REQUIEM aeternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Requiescant in pace. Amen.

No comments: