Saturday, November 20, 2010

It was worth the wait...

I saw Deathly Hallows Part 1 this morning with Jerome. Surprisingly, there weren't that many people in the cinema when we watched it. We were at the Lumina in Chapel Hill, and they were showing it on seven screens. But still... with all the hype, I would have expected more people to be there.

I won't give anything away, but I will say this. Since when do they run actual commercials before the previews? We were subjected to about 12 minutes of commercials this morning. It got rather tedious: cars, video games, cologne, Coast Guard, Wal-Mart...

Then finally the previews for Cowboys and Aliens (looks interesting), Voyage of the Dawn Trader (I must have been living under a rock: Chronicles of Narnia is now on film?), Green Lantern (not so much interesting), Yogi Bear, and Red Riding Hood.

Then and only then did the film start.

I hope to record impressions of this film with my fellow Secrets of Harry Potter panel members soon. I'm also hoping to be able to see it a second time before doing so...

Stay tuned. :)

In the meantime, I'll leave you with this screen cap. Before I left to meet Jerome in Chapel Hill, Fr. Roderick was unpacking his Star Wars memorabilia. I had mentioned Warwick Davis was on Twitter, and Fr. Roderick said he had met Warwick Davis during one of those Star Wars cons he had attended back in the day. So that inspired him to bring down his three boxes full of Star Wars stuff. This one I had missed, but went back later to watch the uStream video (and I'm glad he recorded it. :) )

"Drink... or drink not. There is no straw."

No comments: