Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ah, Sunday!

So I'm not the most creative with my titles. Oh well.

This will be a short post as I'm composing it on the iPhone.

It was a long day for me. It started with cantoring the 7:45 am Mass at Immaculate Conception. And I managed it on a little less than 3 h of sleep. So the sleep deprivation continues. (I'll definitely catch up on the sleep tonight.)

Then I had my usual service at St. Joe's. After a short nap, I headed for the hymn festival. I want to thank the choirs of First Presbyterian and Watts St. Baptist for lending their voices to the Hal Hopson arrangement of Dona nobis pacem. I received many compliments about my direction of this massed choir and how wonderful the blend of voices were. They did beautifully, and I was proud of these choristers for being able to perform the piece as well as they did with only one 30-minute rehearsal.

Reception, followed by dinner with David D. and his brother, Mike, and his lovely wife, Michi, followed by Compline at Chapel of the Cross. Et voilà—the end of a very long day.

Sleep awaits. I'll post my music lists tomorrow. Time for a visit to the land of Nod.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: