Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Muse has spoken ...

This morning, I finally wrote all my thoughts down on paper. Last month, I shared some thoughts about a Snape-Lily one-shot that had been percolating in my head. All I have to do is smooth things out and get someone else to give it a read before sharing it with the world. It's not a romance fic. Here is my initial Author's Note:
This idea just came to me all of a sudden: what happens to Severus Snape after the Trio left the Shrieking Shack with his memories? The ending scene where Lily and Severus are joined by other witches, wizards, and Muggles as they walk onward is influenced by an episode of M*A*S*H (Episode #224: Follies of the Living – Concerns of the Dead), where the soul of a soldier killed in action haunts Corporal Klinger until he moves on. The soldier joins other dead soldiers, walking down a dirt road to an unknown destination.
The piece's working title is "Onward." If I can figure out how to post it here without it overwhelming the page, I will do that. (I guess it's time to hit the Blogger help pages.)

It will probably be a few days before it's completely finished, however.

No comments: