Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ack! More Dreamage!

I'm finally taking friends' advice and doing more resting than anything else. So I took a long nap, falling back into bed once the oven repairman left my apartment. (Yay, I can bake again! :) ) I think I've been reading too much SS/HG fan fiction. Of late, my dreams have been ... a little strange ... mainly consisting of Severus Snape, dressed as usual (black frock coat, black trousers, with the hint of the white linen shirt peeking above the high collar and the sleeves, billowing black teaching robes) pulling me by the hand, rushing through dungeon corridors. I don't know where we're going, just that he's pulling me through corridor after corridor.

It's very strange indeed!

I am still feeling coldy, congested, but at least it feels like the swelling in my throat has reduced. I still don't have a voice, but I am fervently hoping it comes back by Sunday at least. Otherwise, my plan of gently introducing a very simplified Anglican Chant to my choir would have to be postponed to a later date, when I do have a voice.

Soup, here I come. And, I think I will celebrate the return of my oven by baking some bread. I haven't done that for a while ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want your dreams. They sound great. :-)

Lyn F. said...

Oi Juno - the theme of something or someone chasing me through corridors is a recurring one in my dreams. Usually, it's me running through a corridor alone. For some reason, of late, Snape has joined me.

I don't think you'd want to be in my head when the cockroaches or the grasshoppers chase after me. (I know - rather Kafka-esque, don't you think?)

JohnF said...

Be sure to make some of your famous pan de sal living room bread bread.

I still have a bread maker around here somewhere. Can't remember if it still works, though. Lately, the closest thing I've been making is blue corn muffins.

Lyn F. said...

John, you snark!

Mmmmm, blue corn. Neat texture. I haven't gotten around to baking yet, I'm still a little weak from this cold/flu thing that has affected me this past week. I think I will bake a couple of loaves of whole wheat bread though. I've got whole wheat flour and molasses that I've been wanting to use for a while now ...