Sunday, July 6, 2008

Wizard Rock ... in the Triangle!

A bit of idle Sunday afternoon news reading revealed this story in today's Raleigh News and Observer: Wizard Rock comes to the Triangle. The picture at the left shows Harry and the Potters performing at Cat's Cradle in Carrboro. In the meantime, Draco and the Malfoys will be in Apex this afternoon, playing at the Eva Perry Regional Library.

I will admit - I've never really been into Wizard Rock. I tried listening to Spinners Cast, but the roughness of the bands just put me off of it. I guess I'm too much of a music snob that I cringe when I hear voices strained or off-key (or both, as the case may be). That's just me.

But despite my biases ... I still thought it was neat that this piece of Harry Potter Fandom is making its way to the Triangle Area.

(Photo Credit: Jason Arthurs, News and Observer)

No comments: