Saturday, March 22, 2008

Soup!

Thought I'd share this recipe. It's very simple, and I put it together quickly for a simple soup meal I shared with my choir after choir practice earlier in the afternoon.

I used a crock pot to put this together. Makes things Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy.

As much garlic as you can stand (I used 5 cloves. I know, I must be channelling Emeril Lagasse here.)
1 medium onion
ginger ... probably about 1/2 inch worth, slivered thinly
celery (I didn't measure - I used half a bunch of celery hearts for this one, chopped)
carrots (I may have put about a cup of chopped carrots)
1 whole chicken, cut up
Seasoned with parsley, sage and rosemary. Yes, I was thinking of the Simon and Garfunkel song, Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme, but I didn't have any thyme, so I did without. Also seasoned with bay leaves, whole peppercorns, and salt.

Put everything into a crockpot, fill with water, and then turn on the crockpot and let it do its magic.

5 hours later, the soup was served to my choir, along with dinner rolls, salad, fruit salad, and petite brownie bites. Amazing the things you can find when poking around Costco ...

And now I'm really going to fall into the bed and sleep ... erm, take a nap.

No comments: