Wednesday, June 4, 2008

1 June - Third Sunday after Pentecost

The Centennial Celebration Weekend at St. Joseph's Episcopal Church concluded with a visit from Bishop William Gregg this past Sunday. (Yes, I know. I'm posting this several days late, but ... better late than never, right?)

Here is the service music; the numbers are out of The Hymnal 1982.

Confirmation and Holy Eucharist, Rite II
Prelude: Liebster Jesu, wir sind hier (BWV 731; J. S. Bach)
Pro: 688, A mighty fortress is our God (EIN FESTE BURG)
Psalm: Ps 46 (Barrett)
Seq: 440, Blessed Jesus, at thy word (LIEBSTER JESU)
Off: On Christ the Solid Rock (SOLID ROCK)
Sanctus: S-130, Deutsche Messe (Schubert)
Lord's Prayer: chanted (S-119 in Hymnal 1982)
Fraction Anthem: S-169 (Urwin)
Comm: 391, Before the Lord's eternal throne (WINCHESTER NEW)
Re: 344, Lord, dismiss us with thy blessing (SICILIAN MARINERS)
Postlude: Rigaudon (A. Campra)

Sigh. I still could not find my organ shoes, so this service was played in socks. What a pain.

Naturally, I ended up finding them ... in one of my canvas bags. I should have remembered that I carried my organ stuff in my Chemistry bag! My feet will be happy in navigating the pedalboard once again! Grrrrr.

No comments: