Thursday, February 21, 2008

A very interesting idea ...

I stumbled upon the fact that today is the birthday of British actor Alan Rickman. He is the same age as my Dad, 62 years old (although Mr. Rickman is 21 days younger than my father). I noticed there are a group of fans who do charity fundraising to honour his birthday. Last year, it was for Autism Speaks, and the year before, it was for Save the Children.

This year, the fundraising efforts would benefit The Vaccine Fund, partnered with the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI). It looks like they set $500.00 as their goal, but haven't yet met it. If I were in a position to do so, I would have gladly made a donation toward this very worthwhile cause. If you feel inclined to do so, click here and help donate to this worthy cause.

Mr. Rickman is best known for his roles as Professor Severus Snape in the Harry Potter series, Jamie in Truly, Madly, Deeply, Col. Christopher Brandon in Sense and Sensibility, the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and German terrorist Hans Grüber in Die Hard.

No comments: