Saturday, January 5, 2008

A meme! A meme! A meme!

This comes from an old high school friend of mine, Tess. It came from her MySpace page, in the Bulletins section.

Unlike Tess, I don't really have any concrete reason for filling this in other than to pass the time in nervous anticipation of Tuesday evening ...

1. Do you wear a name tag at work?
In the lab, yes. In class or at the organ, no.

2. What kind of car do you drive?
Honda Civic

3. What do you order when you go to Taco Bell?
I don't do fast food.

4. Have you ever had a garage sale?
No, but I helped a friend out with his.

5. What color is your iPod?
I don't own an iPod or any other mp3-type players.

6. What kind of dog do you have?
No dogs.

7. what's for dinner tonight?
I guess I'll just have to open my refrigerator and see when the time comes.

8. What is the last alcoholic beverage you had?
Wassail, spiked with something.

9. Stupidest thing you ever did with your cell phone?
I don't have a cell phone.

10. Last time you were sick?
Just shortly before Thanksgiving. Losing your voice doesn't work when you have to use it for teaching or singing or attempting to direct a choir.

11. How long is your hair?
between my butt and my knees.

12. Are you happy right now?
It depends

13. What did you say last?
Out loud?

14. Who came over last?
Chris L.

15. Do you drink beer?
Every once in a blue moon.

16. Have your brothers or sisters ever told you that you were adopted?
Not that I recall ...

17. What is your favorite key chain on your keys?
I don't have one ... although, regarding keys, my friends are amazed at how many churches in the area I have keys to. Hey, gotta have the chance to be able to play as many of the wonderful organs in this area, right?

18. What did you get for graduation?
My parents bought my academic robes for me.

19. Whats in your pocket?
Nothing at the moment.

20. Who introduced you to Dane Cook?
Who?

21. Has someone ever made you a Build-A-Bear?
What's that?

22. What DVD is in your DVD player?
Most likely a Harry Potter DVD.

23. What's something fun you did today?
Or what will I be doing? I'm going to be chained to an organ because I bloody well haven't been practising much, lately. Watch The Organist make a fool of herself at services tomorrow, and at Epiphany at that! :-P

24. Who is/was the principal of your high school?
It was Alan Something. Tall, older, bald. <----- yes, Tess, Alan Sachrison was his name. Beyond that, I don't remember. He was at least 6'5" tall, lanky, stringy, all arms and legs.

25. Has your house ever been TP'd?
No

26.What do you think of when you hear the word "meow"?
Minerva McGonagall. Naturally, a cat!

27. What are you listening to right now?
A Walton song - "Make We Joy Now in this Fest." Tomorrow's choral anthem, along with the more traditional Mendelssohn "There Shall a Star from Jacob Come Forth"

28. Drinking?
Decaf green tea

29. What is your favorite aisle at Wal-Mart?
The clearance racks. You never know what you can find. Kind of like a treasure hunt, if you will.


30. When is your mom's birthday?
4 February

31. When is your birthday?
10 September


32. What's the area code for your cell phone?
If I had one, it would be 919

33. Where did you buy the shirt you're wearing now?
I didn't - it's an old shirt of my brother's that doesn't fit him any more.

34. Is there anything hanging from your rear view mirror?
A jade rosary. (Filipinos. We always have a rosary stashed somewhere.)

35. How many states in the US have you been to? Which ones?
California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Illinois, Michigan, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida ... I could go on, would you prefer me to continue?

36. What kind of milk do you drink?
Soya milk.

37. What are you going to do after this?
Finish lunch, have a bath, and then chain myself to an organ for the rest of the day.

38. Who was the last person you went shopping with?
Me, myself, and I

39. What is your favorite fruit?
If I had to pick one: peaches. I also love watermelon, mango (the ataulfo sort, not the big red flavourless sort), balimbing (what's the English word for that?), atis, lychee, rambutan ... etc.

40. What about your favorite dessert?
As long as it's edible. Minimise the chocolate though, not so keen on it.

41. What is something you need to go shopping for?
Hmmmm? Perhaps a time-turner - not enough hours in the day to fit what I need to have done.

42. Do you have the same name as one of your relatives?
Indubitably - we all have the first name of Maria. It's only our middle names that delineate differences between us.

43. What kind of car does one of your siblings drive?
Toyota 4-Runner

44. Do you like pickles?
Yes

45. How about olives?
They're okay

46. What is your favorite kind of gum?
Not much of a gum chewer

47. What is your favorite kind of juice?
Not much of a juice drinker either.

48. Do you have any tan lines?
Not that I know of, unless you consider a watch tan to be a tan line.

49. What hospital were you born in?
Naval Hospital in North Charleston, South Carolina. I don't think it still exists, however as that particular navy base is now closed.

TAG, YOU'RE IT!!! The meme gets passed on to anyone who cares to answer these silly questions.

No comments: