Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Fanfic Recommendation: Where Your Treasure Is

I just had to blog on this one. zeegrindylows has just completed the very well-written Where Your Treasure Is. It consists of 61 chapters and an Epilogue. As it is a Severus Snape/Hermione Granger "ship," it is almost Deathly Hallows-compliant, if not for the fact that in zee's story, Snape survives, and it was due to Hermione's intervention that he does so.

Great great story, and for me, it was kind of the "gateway" of sorts for me to be hooked on Harry Potter fanfiction. It's also helped me think about getting my literary juices flowing once again. I've had a set of characters in my head since I was in junior high school, and I've occasionally written little stories centred on these characters. Nothing concrete though, and what I wrote back in the 7th and 8th grades may pass for Battlestar Galactica/MASH/Star Wars fanfiction today, but with mostly original characters. Whenever I feel up to it (and whenever I can get a break from the constant marking of papers, lab preparations and lecture writing, not to mention my church organist duties to two churches), I may put pen to paper and start writing again.

But we'll see.

No comments: