Sunday, December 4, 2011

We has an oops...


It's been a very long day. This will be a very short post with a promise that I'll write more tomorrow to explain some of my cryptic blatherings here.

Oops #1: "And also... with your spirit." And I did, without thinking, exactly what I thought I'd do: slip into responses typical of Rite I ("And with thy spirit"... at the Gospel: "Glory be to thee, O Christ"...). More later on this and my first impressions of the new translation of the Roman Missal. (I do like it, but I can see it will take the people a while to get used to it. And this is despite those lovely cards that the Diocese of Raleigh made available to all parishes.)

Oops #2: Advent Wreath Catastrophe. You'll have to wait until I have more brain cells to explain this one. No candles, fir branches, or holly berries were harmed in the process of the oops, although a choir anthem had to be sacrificed.

Oops #3: So much for posting every day in December. I already missed a day. :P

Time for sleep...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my... I expect to read more...

Lyn F. said...

Ari, there is a new post explaining the oopses. Oh, and by the way, the wreath wasn't lit, so a burning wreath was never a possibility. :P http://musical-chemist.blogspot.com/2011/12/catching-up-yet-again.html