Sunday, May 18, 2008

18 May - Trinity Sunday

I must like pain.

I'm going to step on a plane to Hawaii early Monday morning, and how do I spend my weekend? One Saturday Vigil Mass ... and two services on Sunday, one in the morning, one late afternoon.

Oh, and I'm still in the process of finding the music I'm going to take with me for Iris' and Jared's wedding on Saturday. Not to mention finishing up the packing.

Enough of my whinging. Here are my music lists for Saturday/Sunday services.

Immaculate Conception (RC) Church
Saturday Vigil Mass, 5.30 p.m. As usual, the numbers come out of GIA's Gather Comprehensive 1994 (green cover):

Gloria: 176 (Andrews)
Gospel Acclamation: Festival Alleluia (Chepponis)
Sanctus, Mem. Accl., Amen, Agnus Dei: Mass of Creation (Haugen)

Prelude: Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr (Zachau and Walther)
Pro: 499, Sing Out, Earth and Skies (SING OUT, Haugen)
Psalm: 152, Song of the Three Children/Daniel 3:57-88 (Murray)
Off: 850, We Come to Your Feast (Joncas)
Comm: 831, Take and Eat (Joncas)
Re: 524, Holy God, We Praise Thy Name (GROSSER GOTT)
Postlude: Menuet from Suite Gothique (Boëllmann)

I was supposed to have cantored the 7.45 am Mass at Immaculate Conception Church; however, my singing voice is still not back yet, so needless to say, I didn't cantor. I spent the time preparing for my next two services instead.

St. Joseph's Episcopal Church
Numbers are out of The Hymnal 1982. I used the same prelude and postlude that I played at Immaculate Conception.

Holy Eucharist: Rite II

Pro: 370, I bind unto myself today, vs. 1, 2, 6, 7 (ST. PATRICK'S BREASTPLATE)
Trisagion: S-100
Psalm: Ps 8, recited
Seq: 367, Round the Lord in glory seated (RUSTINGTON)
Off: 324, Let all mortal flesh keep silence (PICARDY)
Sanctus: S-130, Deutsche Messe (Schubert/Proulx)
Lord's Prayer: chanted (S-119 in Hymnal 1982)
Fraction Anthem: S-169, My flesh is food indeed (Urwin)
Comm: Holy, Holy (ADORATION)*
Re: 362, Holy, Holy, Holy (NICAEA)

*shrug* I have a small, but merry band of volunteers which includes a bass guitarist, a guitarist, and a flautist. They have this "St. Joseph's Hymnbook," which includes some of the schlockiest things I've ever seen (and most of which I have no clue how they go as I've never seen nor heard of them before). However, considering this group does that type of music best, I might as well take advantage of that.


Chapel of the Cross, 5.15 pm service. I used the same prelude and postlude that I played at Immaculate Conception. I also had to provide a Communion piece as well.

Holy Eucharist: Rite II

Pro: 370, I bind unto myself today, vs. 1, 2, 6, 7 (ST. PATRICK'S BREASTPLATE)
Psalm: Ps 8, recited
Seq: 371, Thou, whose almighty word (MOSCOW)
Off: 368, Holy Father, great Creator (REGENT SQUARE)
Sanctus: S-125 Community Mass (R. Proulx)
Communion Voluntary: Voluntary VII in e minor, Op. 7 (J. Stanley)
Re: 362, Holy, Holy, Holy (NICAEA)

No comments: