Friday, August 7, 2009

James Dargan, baritone

This post comes quite late because I had forgotten to take the concert program with me to Memphis.

My friend, James Dargan, gave a voice recital last Saturday, August 1. It was a lovely evening of beautiful music amongst friends. It was also his last recital before he leaves for post-graduate study at the Longy School of Music in Cambridge, MA, where he will pursue a Master's degree in vocal performance.

Accompanined by J. Samuel Hammond on piano, James presented works by Bach, Fauré, Bellini, Tosti, Schubert, Butterworth, Vaughan Williams, Finzi, and Head.

With that, the program.

  • Betrachte, meine Seel (from St. John's Passion; BWV 245)

    J.S. Bach (1685-1750)

  • Rêve d'amour

    Gabriel Fauré (1845-1924)

  • Lydia

    Fauré

  • Vanne, o rosa

    Vincenzo Bellini (1801-1835)

  • Non t'amo più

    F.P. Tosti (1846-1916)

  • L'ultima canzone

    Tosti

  • Gute Nacht

    Franz Schubert (1797-1828)

  • Gefrorne Tränen

    Schubert

  • An die Musik

    Schubert



  • When I was one-and-twenty

    George S.K. Butterworth (1885-1916)

  • Look not in my eyes

    Butterworth

  • I got me flowers

    Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872-1958)

  • Fear no more the heat o' the sun

    Gerald Finzi (1901-1956)

  • When I set out for Lyonesse

    Finzi

  • Channel Firing

    Finzi

  • O, fair to see

    Finzi



  • The Singer

    Michael Head (1900-1976)






James did a brilliant job! I wish best of luck to him in all his future endeavours!

No comments: