Tuesday, August 4, 2009

2 August - Ninth Sunday after Pentecost - Proper 13

I have two lists to share with you today.

St. Joseph's Episcopal Church where I played the usual 10:30 am service. As usual, the numbers are out of The Hymnal 1982.

Ninth Sunday after Pentecost: Holy Eucharist Rite II
Prelude: Schmücke dich, O liebe Seele (Op. 122, No. 5; J. Brahms)
Processional Hymn: 699, Jesus, lover of my soul (ABERYSTWYTH)
Trisagion: S-100, New Plainsong (Hurd)
Psalm: Ps 51 (Simplified Anglican Chant)
Sequence Hymn: 521, Put forth, O God, thy Spirit's might (CHELSEA SQUARE)
Offertory Hymn: 306, Come, risen Lord, and deign to be our guest (SURSUM CORDA)
Sanctus: S-130, Deutsche Messe (Schubert/Proulx))
Lord's Prayer: chanted (S-119 in Hymnal 1982)
Fraction Anthem: S-169, My flesh is food indeed (Urwin)
Communion Hymn: 339, Deck thyself, my soul, with gladness (SCHMÜCKE DICH)
Recessional Hymn: 528, Lord, you give the great commission (AUSTRIA)
Postlude: Prelude in C Major (attr. J.S. Bach)




My turn came for playing the 5:15 pm service at Chapel of the Cross.

The music list:

Ninth Sunday after Pentecost: Holy Eucharist Rite II
Prelude: Prelude in C Major (attr. J.S. Bach)
Processional Hymn: 414, God, my King, thy might confessing (STUTTGART)
Psalm: Psalm 51 (recited)
Sequence Hymn: 524, I love thy kingdom, Lord (ST. THOMAS)
Offertory Hymn: 339, Deck thyself, my soul, with gladness (SCHMÜCKE DICH)
Comm: Schmücke dich, O liebe Seele (Op. 122, No. 5; J. Brahms)
Recessional Hymn: 522, Glorious things of thee are spoken (AUSTRIA)
Postlude: Fugue in C Major (attr. Bach)

No comments: