The event kind of reminded me of In-House Seminars, except instead of graduate students giving lectures to each other, we have undergraduate students singing pieces for each other. It seemed like a really nice, supportive atmosphere, and with this being the last Wednesday recital of the current academic year, every singer received a standing ovation.
Before the program started, the students presented a plaque to Professor Stafford Wing in appreciation for his teaching throughout his long and distinguished career. The group hug at the end was very endearing.
Here is the program.
- From Giulio Cesare: Quel torrente, che cade dal monte (G.F. Handel; Zachary Ballard, baritone; Lyuba Egorova, piano)
- Vittoria, vittoria (G. Carissimi; Chris Nickell, baritone; Egorova, piano)
- Per la gloria d'adorarvi (G.B. Bononcini; H. Burchett, soprano; Egorova, piano)
- Ich schwebe (R. Strauss; Caroline Mason, soprano; Egorova, piano)
- Schlafendes Jesuskind (H. Wolf; Dani Nowell, soprano; Frank Zachary, piano)
- Geheimis (F. Schubert; Honor Morgan, soprano; Egorova, piano)
- Als Luise die Briefe ihres ungetreuen Liebhabers verbrannte (W.A. Mozart; Bizzy Maness, soprano; Mary Hamilton, piano)
- Mignonne (C. Chaminade; Joncie Sarratt, mezzo-soprano; Zachary, piano)
- From Songs of Travel: Bright is the Ring of Words (R.V. Williams; Taylor Weddle, baritone; Zachary, piano)
- It's all I have to bring (E. Bacon; Lilly Kantarakias, soprano; Valerie Elvers, piano)
- Straightway Beauty On Me Waits (R. Hundley; Kaitlin Baden, soprano; Zachary, piano)
- From Die Winterreise: Der Lindenbaum (F. Schubert; Eric Di Marzio, tenor; Elvers, piano)
- Nacht und Traüme (F. Schubert; Lauren Schultes, soprano; Egorova, piano)
- Freisinn (R. Schumann; Aaron Salley, baritone; Elvers, piano)
- Ich wandelte unter den Bäumen (F. Mendelssohn-Hensel; Forrest Flemming, baritone; Hamilton, piano)
- From Elijah: Draw near, all ye people (F. Mendelssohn; Warren Weisler, baritone; Lyn Francisco, organ)
- From Acis and Galatea: Recitative: I rage, I melt, I burn; Aria: O ruddier than the cherry (G.F. Handel; Wiley Smith, bass; Fallon Blaser, piano)