Saturday, April 25, 2009

19 April - Divine Mercy Sunday

*pats my poor, neglected blog*

Oh, right. I was supposed to have posted music lists. I will provide four of them over two posts. Here is the first. My turn for cantoring came up at Immaculate Conception. Any numbers you see come out of GIA's Gather Comprehensive 1994 (green cover).

Sunday 7.45 am Mass: Divine Mercy Sunday
Hymn in Procession: 433, At the Lamb's high feast we sing (SALZBURG)
Psalm: Psalm 118, (antiphon 263 (Hughes Alleluia in C); verses set to Tone VIII)
Gospel Acclamation: 261 (A.G. Murray)
Offertory: 423, O sons and daughters, let us sing! (O FILII ET FILIAE)
Sanctus, Mem. Accl., Amen, Agnus Dei: 166-168; 171, Mass of Creation
Communion Voluntary: a portion of Pastorale in E (Op. 19; C. Franck)
Recessional Hymn: 442, Sing with all the saints (HYMN TO JOY)
Postlude: Prelude in C Major, BWV 545 (J.S. Bach)

I didn't catch what Jane played for prelude. The postlude was the Prelude in C Major (Weimar), so I am assuming that I have the BWV number correct. If not, please leave me a comment.

I think our little experiment of using psalm antiphon from Gather and chanting the verses to a psalm tone appears to be working. I've received compliments on my chanting of the psalms, so I believe we're going to do that again whenever my turn comes up to cantor this Mass.

No comments: