Friday, December 5, 2008

It's a veritable hit ...

A couple of months ago, I blogged on my ukoy craving ... I was craving it so much I had to make it.

I decided to make it for a Filipino gathering tonight, so I followed the recipe I posted (click on the link above if you want to see it), this time omitting the food colouring, but adding a single raw shrimp, tail off, 41-50 ct/lb size per 1/4 cup of batter.

Wow, it turned out so well! I managed to eke out 20 with that recipe. Unfortunately, they were a little greasy, but that was because I didn't defrost the shrimp before hand, so I had to fry on medium-low heat to ensure the shrimp was cooked.

Note to self: defrost shrimp before use ...

The ukoy were gone within 5 minutes. I also received a request to make it, but to at least quadruple the amounts, for the reception post Simbang Gabi. I just might do that ...

No comments: