Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Christmas hymn requests thus far

Just in case anyone was curious:

78, O Little Town of Bethlehem (FOREST GREEN)
81, Lo, how a Rose e'er blooming
96, Angels we have heard on high
100, Joy to the world!
104, A stable lamp is lighted
106, Christians, awake, salute the happy morn
112, In the bleak midwinter

A request had been made for "Il est né, le divin enfant", however, this tune is not in the Hymnal 1982. If there is time however, I'll play it, and sing it at the same time.

Keep those requests coming!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, the Hymnal 1982 doesn't have one of my favorite hymns, "Bring a Torch Jeanette, Isabella". :-(

But I will enjoy singing the ones that are in there!

Chris

JohnF said...

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer?

Can't say I've ever heard that one played on an organ! :-)

Lyn F. said...

@Chris: Aw, sorry it's not in H'82. Perhaps I can add your request to the queue (if I can find it) and if there is time, just as with Valarie's request, you just might hear yours.

@John: oh puh-leeze! >.< Nice try though.

Scelata said...

"A Stable Lamp is Lighted" is new to me this year, I was looking for some unison, interesting, choir-only items to have in store for the inevitable blizzard- or flu-caused singer shortage some morning during the Christmas season.
Gotta love that Hurd! (D., only...)

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)

Lyn F. said...

@Scelata, it is indeed a lovely piece and quite doable by a flu- and cold-ravaged choir. It was a request by our Deacon, and will also be a part of our Christmas Eve Carol Service. If you need a copy of it, email me off-list ... mariaefrancisco [at] gmail [dot] com

Cheers!