Sunday, June 21, 2009

21 June - Third Sunday after Pentecost - Proper 7

Shock!!! I only had one service this entire weekend! I'm going through church withdrawal. ***sighs dramatically***

I'm just kidding. :) Here is the music I programmed for the Third Sunday after Pentecost at St. Joseph's Episcopal Church where I played the usual 10:30 am service. As usual, the numbers are out of The Hymnal 1982. Oh, and please, no rotten tomatoes at my choice of Communion Song. The people are actually clamouring for this type of music, and it fit some of the themes of today's readings.


Third Sunday after Pentecost: Holy Eucharist Rite II
Prelude: Fantasia (J. Pachelbel)
Processional Hymn: 410, Praise, my soul, the King of heaven (LAUDA ANIMA)
Trisagion: S-100, New Plainsong (Hurd)
Psalm: Ps 107 (Simplified Anglican Chant)
Sequence Hymn: 608, Eternal Father, strong to save (MELITA)
Offertory Hymn: 559, Lead us, heavenly Father, lead us (DULCE CARMEN)
Sanctus: S-130, Deutsche Messe (Schubert/Proulx))
Lord's Prayer: chanted (S-119 in Hymnal 1982)
Fraction Anthem: S-169, My flesh is food indeed (Urwin)
Communion Song: Gather Comprehensive 608, Be not afraid (B. Dufford)
Recessional Hymn: 535, Ye servants of God, your Master proclaim (PADERBORN)
Postlude: Alternate harmonisation of Paderborn (N. Rawsthorne)

No comments: