Thursday, May 19, 2011

15 May— Fourth Sunday of Easter

Sorry I'm late with this list. Again, I have one list for the Fourth Sunday of Easter, also known as "Good Shepherd Sunday". I'll admit to programming something rather unusual as choir anthem... and it also merited a mention in the sermon.

Keep an open mind with it... when I first heard Bobby McFerrin's setting of Psalm 23, I was struck by its chant-like quality and the tension in the harmonies. It was beautiful.

St. Joseph's Episcopal Church where I played the usual 10.30 am service. As usual, the numbers are out of The Hymnal 1982.

Fourth Sunday of Easter: Holy Eucharist Rite II
Prelude: Largo Staccato, Voluntary in F (Op. 7, No. 10; J. Stanley)
Processional: 377, All people that on earth do dwell (OLD 100TH)
Psalm: Psalm 23 (Simplified Anglican Chant)
Sequence Hymn: 334, Praise the Lord, rise up rejoicing (ALLES IST AN GOTTES SEGEN)
Offertory: Psalm 23 (B. McFerrin)
Sanctus: S-125, Community Mass (Proulx)
Lord's Prayer: chanted (S-119 in Hymnal 1982)
Fraction Anthem: S-154, New Plainsong (Hurd)
Communion: 645, The King of love my shepherd is (ST. COLUMBA)
Recessional: 205, Good Christians all, rejoice and sing! (GELOBT SEI GOTT)
Postlude: Vivace, Voluntary in F (Op. 7, No. 10; J. Stanley)

No comments: