Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What is God doing in my life now?

Fr Seraphim Beshoner, the man behind Catholic Under the Hood, came up with the idea to dedicate 18 February as "What Is God Doing In My Life Right Now Day".




His description:
Invitation to join in spending the day in reflection upon God's activity in your life whether that be that year, month, week, day, hour, minute, or second. And an invitation to share that via Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, etc status updates throughout the day.
It's not a bad idea actually - it's a good excuse to sit back and reflect on all the blessings God has bestowed unto us.

I am thankful that despite these hard economic times that I am relatively healthy and have a good group of friends and family to support me. I've been helping an organist friend of mine with his job search, and as I'm doing that, I have the pleasure to get to know better a delightful person. He is very talented and also has a very deep faith in God, and I can't help but pray that he is able to find a place where his talent and other gifts are acknowledged and appreciated.

I see pictures of my young nephews and niece back in San Diego, and think how thankful I am that they are here in the world. I'm sure they will make their marks in the world when they grow up. They've got the best parents in the world in my brother and sister-in-law.

Even though I haven't seen my family, both immediate and extended for quite a while, I am thankful that there are there in spirit, if not in body. I know they are just a phone call or an email away.

There are many things to be thankful for ... so take a moment and reflect on it. This can be done at any time. I know when I go to sleep, I thank God for the day that passed, and when I wake up, I thank God for the day to come.

No comments: