Tuesday, July 20, 2010

18 July - Eighth Sunday after Pentecost - Proper 11

Sigh. I'm so inconsistent. FWIW, here is my list from this past Sunday. I only played one service... and took a nice, long 'post-liturgical' nap for afters. ;)

St. Joseph's Episcopal Church where I played the usual 10.30 am service. As usual, the numbers are out of The Hymnal 1982.

Eighth Sunday after Pentecost: Holy Eucharist Rite II with Baptism
Prelude: Allegro from Sonata for flute and continuo No. 6 in E Major, BWV 1035 (J. S. Bach); Deborah Decker, flute
Processional Hymn: 48, O day of radiant gladness (ES FLOG EIN KLEINS WALDVÖGELEIN)
Psalm: Psalm 52 (Simplified Anglican Chant)
Sequence Hymn: 440, Blessed Jesus, at thy word (LIEBSTER JESU)
Offertory Hymn: 495, Hail, thou once despised Jesus! (IN BABILONE)
Sanctus: S-130, Deutsche Messe (Schubert/Proulx)
Lord's Prayer: chanted (S-119 in Hymnal 1982)
Fraction Anthem: S-169, My flesh is food indeed (Urwin)
Communion Hymn: 488, Be thou my vision, O Lord of my heart (SLANE)
Recessional Hymn: 336, Come with us, O blessed Jesus (WERDE MUNTER)
Postlude: In dir ist Freude (BWV 615; Bach)

Little Isaac Geoffrey Decker was baptised. His father, Joel, sings in the choir, and his grandmother, Deborah, played the prelude. Congratulations, Decker and Eubanks families! :)

No comments: