Monday, March 9, 2009

7 March - Lent II

I subbed at the 5.30 pm Saturday Vigil Mass at Immaculate Conception. Unless indicated, the numbers you see come out of GIA's Gather Comprehensive 1994 (green cover).

Saturday 5.30 pm Mass: Second Sunday of Lent
Prelude: Adagio-Allegro, Voluntary in e minor, Op. 7, No. 7 (J. Stanley)
Opening Hymn: 515, Praise to you, O Christ, our Savior (B. Farrell)
Kyrie: 398, Hold us in your mercy: Penitential Litany (R. Cooney/G. Daigle)
Psalm: Flor y Canto 253, Psalm 116 (J. Cortez)
Gospel Acclamation: 266, Lenten Acclamation (M. Haugen)
Offertory: 507, I want to walk as a child of the light (HOUSTON)
Sanctus: 180, People's Mass (J. Vermulst)
Mem. Accl., Amen: 181-182, Danish Amen Mass (C. Frischmann/D. Krähenbühl)
Agnus Dei: 184, Agnus Dei XVIII (in English)
Communion: 504, I have loved you (M. Joncas); 695, Only this I want (D. Schutte)
Song of Thanksgiving: Speak, O Lord (K. Getty/S. Townend)
Postlude: O Mensch, bewein' dein' Sünde groß, BWV 622 (J.S. Bach)

I had 6 voices, one violin, one clarinet, and one oboe. I felt badly for the violinist though - we've had pretty strange weather lately, and it seemed to have affected the tuning in her violin. She tried her level best to tune it, but it would quickly lose its tuning. She's a very sweet girl, 8 years old IIRC, and she was so very disappointed that she couldn't play. So I told her she could always sing. She looked somewhat comforted by that.

Sigh. I really should try to get regular practice time on IC's Zimmer. I kept on missing pedal notes. It was rather embarrassing.

I will draw cantoring duties for Lent IV. Look for my IC list then.

No comments: