Duly "picked off" from Christus Vincit - The Blog! although the jist of this meme is very similar to the survey my friend Summer passed along to me on MySpace.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Does it matter? Isn't it the thought that counts?
2. Real tree or artificial?
Usually artificial, unless my brother has a say in it.
3. When do you put up the tree?
When I'm at home in San Diego, we put up the tree the day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down?
On or around January 6.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Not very keen on it. My system can't take it in very large doses.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Interestingly enough ... I don't recall.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene?
Yes, several. The favourite is the one Mum and I made at 32nd Street Naval Station's craft centre. We were into ceramics, and we painted a Nativity set. I believe it is still at home today, and gets displayed every Christmas season.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My brother. What do you get for the man who has everything?
9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Bath towels from a certain relative who shall remain nameless.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
They each have their merits. I'll have to admit that I am having loads of fun with Facebook's SuperPoke application - sending a Grinch after someone is loads of fun. So is tossing an elf at them ...
11. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Don't really have one.
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Well ... in the days when I had money ... I generally kept my eyes open all year so that I'm not rushing at the end of the year. Sometimes, if I'm making my prezzies, I start early, like July.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Er ... yes.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Anything from the Noche buena table. What is Misa de Gallo without puto bumbong, bibingka, suman, arroz caldong manok, or salabat? Some of my rellies like the queso de bola, but that's one thing I can do without. (Despite one of my earlier posts, no, I am not a cheese fan.)
15. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
16. Favorite Christmas song.
"Once in Royal David's City," although I also have a soft spot for Bairstow's setting of "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence," the Holst setting of "In the Bleak Mid-Winter," as well as both the Victoria and Lauridsen settings of "O Magnum Mysterium." So I'm a choir geek, okay?
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Well, considering that I live far away from home, I guess it would have to be travel.
18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer.
Er ... I don't really care.
19. Angel on the tree top or a star?
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
It depends on our church going plans ...
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Christmas shopping. Enough said.
One more question that I think is worth including with this worthy meme that comes from Summer's MySpace survey:
22. What is your favorite family Christmas tradition?
I used to think our custom of travelling to relatives' houses, both in San Diego and LA was a little forced. I appreciate it more now though as when we get together, we genuinely enjoy each others' company, plus we are graced with a visit from Santa Claus :-)
TAG YOU'RE IT, anyone who wants to pick it off.