Wednesday, July 6, 2011

26 June—Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi)

Still catching up. I will make two separate posts for my June 26 music lists.




My turn came for cantoring the 7:45 a.m. Mass at Immaculate Conception Church. Any numbers you see come out of GIA's Gather Comprehensive 1994 (green cover). My friend, Jane L., was behind the console.

Sunday 7.45 am Mass: Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi)
Prelude: Four Improvisations on Gregorian Themes for Organ, No. 4: Cibavit Eos (Everett Titcomb)
Opening Hymn: 540, Let all mortal flesh keep silence (PICARDY)
Gloria: Chant Mass, arr. by J. Lynch, using the words from the new Roman Missal
Psalm: Psalm 147:12-15, 19-20 (M. Guimont)
Gospel Acclamation: 263 (Hughes Alleluia in C)
Offertory: 480, Jesus, my Lord, my God, my All (SWEET SACRAMENT)
Sanctus, Memorial Acclamation: Chant Mass, arr. by J. Lynch, using the words from the new Roman Missal
Amen: Simple, three-note Amen (G-(G-A))
Agnus Dei: 312, Agnus Dei XVIII (in Latin)
Communion Motet: Ave verum corpus (W.A. Mozart)
Recessional: 853, Alleluia, sing to Jesus (HYFRYDOL)
Postlude: Fughetta super Lob sei dem allmächtigen Gott (BWV 704; J.S. Bach)

The Aurora Choir invited me to sing the motet with them. And we received a lot of compliments for it after the Mass. It's really gratifying, knowing the people in the pews notice the efforts we make, all for the glory of God.

No comments: