Saturday, June 11, 2011

5 June— Seventh Sunday of Easter

I'm really late with these lists, so here they are.

St. Joseph's Episcopal Church where I played the usual 10.30 am service. As usual, the numbers are out of The Hymnal 1982.

Seventh Sunday of Easter: Holy Eucharist Rite II
Prelude: Air in C / Prelude in C (J. Blow)
Processional: 460, Alleluia, sing to Jesus (HYFRYDOL)
Psalm: Psalm 68 (Simplified Anglican Chant)
Sequence Hymn: 603, When Christ was lifted from the earth (ST. BOTOLPH)
Offertory Anthem: A Prayer of St. Richard of Chichester (L.J. White)
Sanctus: S-125, Community Mass (Proulx)
Lord's Prayer: chanted (S-119 in Hymnal 1982)
Fraction Anthem: S-154, New Plainsong (Hurd)
Communion: 315, Thou, who at thy first Eucharist didst pray (SONG 1)
Recessional: 494, Crown him with many crowns (DIADEMATA)
Postlude: Trumpet Tune in D, Op. 6, No. 5 (J. Stanley)



My turn came up to play the the 5.15 pm service at Chapel of the Cross. We were back in the chapel this Sunday.

Seventh Sunday of Easter: Holy Eucharist Rite II
Prelude: Air in C / Prelude in C (J. Blow)
Processional Hymn: 460, Alleluia, sing to Jesus (HYFRYDOL)
Psalm: Psalm 68, recited
Sequence Hymn: 635, If thou but trust in God to guide thee (WER NUN DEN LIEBEN GOTT)
Offertory: 336, Come with us, O blessed Jesus (WERDE MUNTER)
Sanctus: S-125 Community Mass (R. Proulx)
Communion Voluntary: Adagio-Allegro moderato, Voluntary in D Major (Op. 6, No. 6; J. Stanley)
Recessional Hymn: 379, God is love, let heaven adore him (ABBOT'S LEIGH)
Postlude: The Heavens Declare the Glory of God (Psalm XIX; B. Marcello)

Heh... well, that was the postlude Van played last Sunday, so I figured why not give it to them this Sunday?

For the next couple of months, I'll be bouncing between Carol Woods and Chapel of the Cross, so I'll be having my Chapel Hill fix. I will try to post these lists in a more timely fashion. So don't be surprised if I post my new lists tomorrow evening. :)

No comments: