Sunday, September 5, 2010

5 September - Fifteenth Sunday after Pentecost - Proper 18

Yes, late again, so I'm back-dating this post.

St. Joseph's Episcopal Church where I played the usual 10.30 am service. As usual, the numbers are out of The Hymnal 1982.

Fifteenth Sunday after Pentecost: Holy Eucharist Rite II
Prelude: Allegretto (Wm. Boyce)
Processional Hymn: 10, New every morning is the love (KEDRON)
Gloria: S-277, New Plainsong (Hurd)
Psalm: Psalm 139 (Simplified Anglican Chant)
Sequence Hymn: 675, Take up your cross, the Savior said (BOURBON)
Offertory Hymn: 581, Where charity and love prevail (CHESHIRE)
Sanctus: S-125, Community Mass (Proulx)
Lord's Prayer: chanted (S-119 in Hymnal 1982)
Fraction Anthem: S-167, The disciples knew the Lord Jesus (M. Martens; Mode 6)
Communion Song: Gather Comprehensive 1994 700, The Summons (KELVINGROVE)
Recessional Hymn: 484, Praise the Lord through every nation (WACHET AUF)
Postlude: Allegretto (G. Böhm)

All right... I'll admit, I was a little careless in choosing this set. It wasn't exactly the most engaging set of hymns I've ever chosen... I'll endeavour to do better next time. :P

No comments: