Friday, August 27, 2010

22 August - Thirteenth Sunday after Pentecost - Proper 16

Better late than never, right?

I have three lists for you today.

I played the 7.45 am Mass at Immaculate Conception Church. As usual, the numbers come out of GIA's Gather Comprehensive 1994 (green cover):

Sunday 7.45 am Mass: Twenty-First Sunday in Ordinary Time
Prelude: Largo Staccato, Voluntary in G (Op. 7, No. 9; J. Stanley)
Processional Hymn: 661, The Church's one foundation (AURELIA)
Gloria: 176, New Mass for Congregations (C.T. Andrews)
Psalm: 112, Psalm 117 (Haas)
Gospel Acclamation: 177, Mode VI; Verse to Tone 6F ("I am the way, the truth and the life, says the Lord; no one comes to the Father, except through me.")
Offertory Hymn: 651, So the day dawn for me (NEW FREEDOM)
Sanctus: 180, People's Mass
Memorial Acclamation, Amen: 181-182, Danish Amen Mass
Agnus Dei: 184, Agnus Dei XVIII (in English)
Communion Voluntaries: Fantasia (J. Pachelbel); Allegretto (Wm. Boyce)
Recessional: 615, Seek ye first the kingdom of God (SEEK YE FIRST)
Postlude: Vivace, Voluntary in G (Op. 7, No. 9; J. Stanley)

I'll admit--I do like playing the little Zimmer organ at IC. And Angela has granted me practice time on the instrument whenever I want it. :)

I just wish that TPTB would have had the foresight to have expanded the organ when they had the chance way back when we first moved into the larger "worship space", especially since the space just swallows up the organ.

Once my schedule stabilises somewhat, I will definitely take Angela up on her practice time offers. :)



St. Joseph's Episcopal Church where I played the usual 10.30 am service. As usual, the numbers are out of The Hymnal 1982.

Thirteenth Sunday after Pentecost: Holy Eucharist Rite II
Prelude: Largo Staccato, Voluntary in G (Op. 7, No. 9; J. Stanley)
Processional Hymn: 521, Put forth, O God, thy Spirit's might (CHELSEA SQUARE)
Trisagion: S-100, New Plainsong (Hurd)
Psalm: Psalm 71 (Simplified Anglican Chant)
Sequence Hymn: 567, Thine arm, O Lord, in days of old (ST. MATTHEW)
Offertory Hymn: 522, Glorious things of thee are spoken (AUSTRIA)
Sanctus: S-130, Deutsche Messe (Schubert/Proulx)
Lord's Prayer: chanted (S-119 in Hymnal 1982)
Fraction Anthem: S-169, My flesh is food indeed (Urwin)
Communion Hymn: 655, Rock of ages, cleft for me (TOPLADY)
Recessional Hymn: 411, O bless the Lord, my soul (ST. THOMAS (Williams))
Postlude: Vivace, Voluntary in G (Op. 7, No. 9; J. Stanley)



I played the 4:00 pm service for Carol Woods, which is organised by Chapel of the Cross. The music list would generally resemble the 8.00 am summer morning Rite I services.

The music list:

Thirteenth Sunday after Pentecost: Holy Eucharist Rite I
Prelude: Improvisation on Regent Square
Processional Hymn: 368, Holy Father, great Creator (REGENT SQUARE)
Psalm: Psalm 103 (recited)
Offertory Hymn: 624, Jerusalem the golden (EWING)
Communion Voluntary: O Jerusalem (J. Vogt)
Recessional Hymn: 411, O bless the Lord, my soul (ST. THOMAS (Williams))
Postlude: Vivace, Voluntary in G (Op. 7, No. 9; J. Stanley)

I believe this is my last Sunday at Carol Woods for a while. It's been a pleasure playing for this service. The people who go to this service are very appreciative of my efforts. So of course, I'll be very happy to step in and play a service whenever they need me.

The summer season is over! The students are back, and Compline will start up again on Sunday. I am very much looking forward to singing with that group of people once again! So, as my mentor, Van Quinn, loves to say, Hallelujah and pass the Liber Usualis! :)

No comments: