- "Ghost Organist": Funeral March of a Marionette—Charles Gounod (1818-1893)
- UUMC Handbell Choir: Danse macabre (Op. 40, arranged for handbells)—Camille Saint-Saëns (1835-1921)
- Laurel Siviglia and Sandy Hobgood: Toot Suite (S.212°) for Calliope or Organ, Four Hands—P.D.Q. Bach (1807-1742)?
- I. Preloud
- II. O.K. Chorale
- III. Fuga Vulgaris
- Tim Baker: The Sad Story of the Forgotten Soprano in the Pipe Chambers
- Mila Karamushka: Suite médiévale: V. Acclamations—Jean Langlais (1907-1991)
- "Soprano in the Pipe Chamber (Leslie Heal Ray), accompanied by "Ghost Organist": Vocalise, Op. 34, No. 14—Sergei Rachmaninoff (1873-1943)
- Valerie Lefever Hughes: A Diet of Worms—Michael Horvit (b. 1932)
- Em Haas, alto; Meghan Cox, piano: "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" from Phantom of the Opera—Andrew Lloyd Webber (b. 1948)
- Tim Baker: Toccata and Fugue in d minor (BWV 565—J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Pipe Screams! 2011
How fitting that my first post after a long time is a concert post! Tim Baker over at University United Methodist Church organised another Pipe Screams! for this year. It was co-sponsored by the Durham-Chapel Hill Chapter of the American Guild of Organists. Habitat for Humanity of Orange County. In addition to Tim and UUMC's Handbell Choir, members of the Durham-Chapel Hill AGO also contributed pieces to this most entertaining program. Speaking of which, here is the music that was presented at this program.