Tuesday, March 23, 2010

21 March—Fifth Sunday in Lent

I am so, so far behind with my service music posts, it's not even funny. I'll post this one, though, hoping to get myself back on track.

St. Joseph's Episcopal Church where I played my usual 10.30 am service. If I was thinking, I would have played the piece I played last week as prelude instead of this one. The reason being this past Sunday marked the 325th anniversary of J.S. Bach's birth. You can imagine me *headdesking* over this one...

As usual, numbers are out of The Hymnal 1982 unless otherwise noted.

Fifth Sunday in Advent: Holy Eucharist Rite I
Prelude: Lamb of God, Pure and Sinless (D. Cherwien)
Processional Hymn: 149, Eternal Lord of love, behold your Church (OLD 124TH)
Kyrie: S-91 Missa de Sancta Maria Magdalena (Willan)
Psalm: Psalm 126 (Tone II.1)
Sequence Hymn: 455, O Love of God, how strong and true (DUNEDIN)
Offertory Hymn: 170, To mock your reign, O dearest Lord (THE THIRD TUNE)
Sanctus: S-117, J. McGregor, after Verbum caro factum est (Hassler)
Lord's Prayer: chanted (S-119 in Hymnal 1982)
Agnus Dei: S-157 (Merbecke)
Communion Anthem: Drop, Drop Slow Tears (SONG 46, O. Gibbons)
Communion Hymn: 458, My Song is Love Unknown (LOVE UNKNOWN, with alt. accompaniments and descant by Donald Busarow)
Recessional Hymn: 473, Lift high the cross, the love of Christ proclaim (CRUCIFER)

Services for Palm Sunday and Holy Week will be held jointly between St Joseph's and the Episcopal Center at Duke University.

No comments: