Sunday, August 26, 2007

More Gawad Kalinga

I just did the coolest thing - thanks to my friend Jorge Zaballero (maraming maraming salamat, po!), I went bowling for the first time since high school. It was fun! And, it was all for a good cause, to support Gawad Kalinga. They called it "Bowling for a Cause." The proceeds from that, as well as the associated raffles and silent auctions, were to benefit GK. We've already had a Carolinas village built in the Phils., and with more fundraising and support, we're going to be able to have more built. It is, indeed, a great cause, and an excellent way to ensure our Spirit of Bayanihan lives on.

I will still approach the local Gawad Kalinga organisers about my idea of giving an organ recital, with all the proceeds from either a Free-Will or Suggested Donation to go toward Gawad Kalinga.

More later ...

No comments: