Tuesday, February 15, 2011

13 February - Sixth Sunday After Epiphany

I've been falling waaaaay behind on posts lately. (I'm using this post as my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. :) )

I'll eventually catch up on my lists (and I won't fall further behind like I did last year). For now, here is the most recent music list at St. Joseph's. The Compline list will follow in a subsequent post.



St. Joseph's Episcopal Church where I played the usual 10.30 am service. As usual, the numbers are out of The Hymnal 1982.

Sixth Sunday After Epiphany: Holy Eucharist Rite II
Prelude: Improvisation on 'The Servant Song'
Processional Hymn: 616, Hail to the Lord's Anointed (ES FLOG EIN KLEINS WALDVÖGELEIN)
Gloria: S-278 (W. Mathias)
Psalm: Psalm 119:1–8 (Simplified Anglican Chant)
Sequence Hymn: 635, If thou but trust in God to guide thee (WER NUN DEN LIEBEN GOTT)
Offertory Hymn: Gather Comprehensive 669, Will you let me be your servant (The Servant Song)
Sanctus: S-128 (W. Mathias)
Lord's Prayer: chanted (S-119 in Hymnal 1982)
Agnus Dei: S-165 (W. Mathias)
Communion Anthem: If ye love me (T. Tallis)
Recessional Hymn: 594, God of grace and God of glory (CWM RHONDDA)
Postlude: Fuge in D (Wm. Selby)

Despite reduced forces, the choir sang the communion anthem unaccompanied. They did very well, and I'm very proud of them.

This coming Sunday will be St. Joseph's new vicar's first Sunday. Welcome, Rev. Karen Barfield! Many thanks to those who had stepped in during the interim period: Rev. Karen Barfield, Rev. Martin Caldwell, Rev. Berry Parsons, Rev. Travis Smith, Rev. Marion Thulberry, and most especially to Rev. Nils Chittenden. (If I forgot someone, my apologies.)

No comments: