Friday, June 4, 2010

Fusion Fajitas with Fr. Leo Patalinghug

As soon as I saw various friends Tweeting that Fr. Leo Patalinghug was cooking dinner at the Willits' place, and that it was being uStreamed, I rushed over to the uStream feed to find Fr. Leo mid-way through cooking his famous Fusion Fajitas, which beat Bobby Flay's version in Throwdown with Bobby Flay.

Fr. Leo looked so comfortable and completely in his element as he was joking around with Greg, Jennifer, their kids, and extended family. Fr. Leo even had the boys help out in mashing avocados for the guacamole he made to go along with the fajitas.

Some of his more memorable lines:

"That's a sign of holiness if the smoke is under control."
"My hands are clean! I dipped my fingers in holy water!"
"Now you have to let the meat rest for 7 minutes... just like the Sabbath day."
"Why am I doing a cooking show? I'm such a cheesebucket!"
"[Bobby Flay] had professional help. I just had another priest helping me..."

If I did this right, you'll see the video embedded below. Thank you, Greg Willits, for uStreaming this and sharing this with all of us! xxx

No comments: