Saturday, September 12, 2009

6 September - Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost - Proper 18

Holy Lateniks, Batman! I'm late again! :P

I played two services and sung Compline. I think from now on, I'll post the Compline lists in a separate post.



St. Joseph's Episcopal Church where I played the usual 10:30 am service. As usual, the numbers are out of The Hymnal 1982.

Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost: Holy Eucharist Rite II
Prelude: Nun danket alle Gott (G.F. Kaufmann)
Processional Hymn: 429, I'll praise my Maker while I've breath (OLD 113TH)
Gloria: S-277, New Plainsong (Hurd)
Psalm: Ps 125 (Simplified Anglican Chant)
Sequence Hymn: 567, Thine arm, O Lord, in days of old (ST. MATTHEW)
Offertory Hymn: WLP 772, O Christ, the healer, we have come (KEDRON)
Sanctus: S-125, Community Mass (Proulx)
Lord's Prayer: chanted (S-119 in Hymnal 1982)
Fraction Anthem: S-167, The disciples knew the Lord Jesus (M. Martens; Mode 6)
Communion Hymn: 602, Jesu, Jesu, fill us with your love (CHEREPONI)
Recessional Hymn: 493, O for a thousand tongues to sing (AZMON)
Postlude: Prelude in F Major (attr. J.S. Bach, most likely J.T. Krebs)



Episcopal Centre at Duke University, where I played the usual 4:00 pm service. As usual, the numbers are out of The Hymnal 1982 unless otherwise indicated.

Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost: Holy Eucharist: Rite II
Prelude: Improvisation on Lobe den Herren
Processional Hymn: 390, Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation (LOBE DEN HERREN)
Gloria: S-278 (Mathias)
Psalm: Ps 146, recited
Sequence Hymn: 567, Thine arm, O Lord, in days of old (ST. MATTHEW)
Offertory Hymn: 371, Thou, whose Almighty word (MOSCOW)
Sanctus: S-125, Community Mass (Proulx)
Communion Hymn: WLP 825, Bless the Lord, my soul (Taizé)
Recessional Hymn: 493, O for a thousand tongues to sing (AZMON)
Postlude: Prelude in F Major (attr. J.S. Bach, most likely J.T. Krebs; modified since the three-stop Holtkamp at the Episcopal Centre has no pedals)

No comments: