Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Charles' List-memia

Bloody insomnia. Even though I said I'd do this tomorrow morning, inability to sleep brought me back to the computer.

I was tagged by Charles via the RPInet Forums. Naturally, I issued a "scathing" remark, but FWIW, here are my answers.

The rules are:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Erm ... I would have been in graduate school at that time. If it was during Spring Break, I would have probably been in the lab, trying to get some experiments done. If not during Spring Break, then I probably would have been TA'ing Organic Chemistry Lab.

Five things on my "to-do" list today
1. Pay the bills
2. Plan out the music for the rest of Easter
3. Upload materials to Blackboard so my students can do their experiment next Tuesday
4. Laundry (the never-ending task)
5. Hope to do all of the above whilst waiting for someone to have a look at my ailing oven.
Of course, what do I really have to do? PRACTICE! Admittedly, I don't practice enough, and I really and truly need it, especially since I'll be playing 3 services at three different churches this coming Sunday.

Snacks I enjoy
Oh gosh, it depends on my mood. Before I got afflicted with this cold, I was partaking in carrot sticks, raisins, pears, Fage Greek Yoghurt ... and small bowls of freshly steamed rice, topped with Furikake. Of late? Lots of cream of mushroom and chicken noodle soup, and hot green tea. That seems to be all I have the appetite for.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire
1. Pay all my debts
2. Help my friend replace the ruddy pipes in her house that seem to want to keep bursting at the most inconvenient times
3. Ensure my two nephews and niece are set, especially where their college funds are concerned
4. Can't think of anything else, really. Probably find a cause I believe in and donate.

Three of my bad habits
1. Procrastination
2. Procrastination
3. Oh, did I say Procrastination?

Five places I have lived
1. North Charleston, SC (I was born in the Naval Hospital there)
2. San Diego, CA
3. Waltham, MA (when I went to graduate school at Brandeis University)
4. Worcester, MA (after I transferred to Clark University)
5. Durham, NC

Five jobs I've had
1. Administrative Assistant's Intern (when I was in high school)
2. Teaching Assistant
3. Research Associate
4. Adjunct Professor of Chemistry (current)
5. Organist/Choirmaster (current)

Five people I want to tag
Do I hafta? I'll just do what my friend Brian Michael Page does and encourage the first five people who read this to complete the meme.

Enough. Now I will try to go back to sleep.

Edited to add: Unbeknownst to me, Ebeth at A Catholic Mom climbing the pillars also tagged me for this particular meme. You may read her responses here.

No comments: